City of Groveport Residential Brush Removal Program
• March – November, City staff will start the route on Monday and continue until one complete round has been made throughout the entire city.
• December – February, Residents must call 614-836-3910 to schedule a pickup for the following week. There will be no routine collection route during these months.
Guidelines & Regulations
• All trimmings must be piled within 6 feet of the curb or at the end of the driveway. Cut branches to a length between 4 and 10 feet. Brush must be piled on the tree lawn in a neat and orderly way with the cut ends pointing the same direction so that branches do not become entangled.
• Residents should place their limbs at the curb by 7:00 am on Monday for removal during that week.
• Piles should not include vines, thorns, roots, honeysuckle, grass of any kind, or foreign materials such as metal, lumber, nails, wire, string, rope, or staples. Twigs, bush trimmings, ornamental grasses, nuts, fruit, etc. will not be picked up; they are yard waste and must be disposed of on your regular trash collection day. Please contact Local Waste at 614-409-9375 for any questions regarding yard waste collection.
• City staff can pick up anything that is approximately ½ inch to 3 ½ inches in diameter. Anything that is greater than 3 ½ inches in diameter should be cut in 15 inch to 18 inch lengths and can be used for firewood.
• This program is intended to help residents dispose of tree limbs that have fallen or been trimmed. The intent of the City is not to remove limbs from commercial contract work, but to collect and recycle limbs from routine maintenance and storm damage on your residential property. This is not a tree removal service. When limb removal is conducted by a contractor, all work by-products should be disposed of by the vendor. If you cut down a tree yourself, you can take the tree to a composting facility for proper disposal.