- Recreation Center
- Personal Trainers / Fitness Assessments
Personal Trainers / Fitness Assessments
Personal TrainersDo you need individualized attention to help reach your fitness goals or just some help getting started? Personal Trainer services are only available to members.
- Contact one of our sanctioned certified Personal Trainers on your own.
- Tell him/her what your fitness goals are.
- Agree to the terms of a contract.
- Pay the personal trainer directly.
- Enjoy reaching your fitness goals.
- 614-531-1937 or 614-833-3740
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer
- 15 years of experience as strength and exercise instructor
- Exercise instructor for U.S. Navy/Marine Corps
- Group Cycling and Boot Camp Instructor
- Gold Medalist in Senior Olympics Bicycle Races
- Ohio State Age Group Bicycle Time Trial Champion
- Keynote Speaker/Seminar Leader "Wellness and Fitness"
- American Muscle and Fitness Certified Personal Trainer
- Fitour Certified Personal Trainer
- United State Water Fitness Association Certification
- Johnny G. Spinning Certification
- SilverSneakers Certified Instructor
- Instructor experience: Spinning, body sculpting, circuit training, strength and body toning
- WITS Certified Personal Trainer
- Master Degree from Baruch College
- Specialty areas include: overall fitness, weight management and fat loss, muscle strength/gain, martial arts, athletic performance and youth fitness.
Fitness AssessmentsFitness Assessments are available to all GRC Members and are completed by a certified Personal Trainer. Assessments are a great tool to see where you are as compared to other of your gender and age group, and are also a great way to measure your progress. The test includes: Push-Ups (Strength), 1-mile Run/Walk (Endurance), Sit and Reach (Flexibility) and Bioelectrical Impedance (Body Fat)
The cost is $10 and made by appointment only. Please contact a Fitness Attendant in order to schedule an appointment or call Stephania Bernard-Ferrell (Sports/Fitness Manager) at 614-836-1000, ext. 1514.